Pages

Friday, September 7, 2012

Sad news about BRYCE COURTENAY

I just read this on facebook and went directly to the link. This is the sad statement that as been released by Bryce Courtenay today.
Shelley



It is with great sadness that I am writing to let you know that 'Jack of Diamonds' my new book due out in November this year shall be my last. It is the usual big, bulky Bryce Courtenay saga, and I do hope you enjoy reading it. I have been diagnosed with terminal gastric cancer and am expected to have only some months to share with my adorable wife Christine.  We have had the good fortune to have been together for seven wonderfully happy years, and so the remaining months are precious to us, and our family and friends.  You will be pleased to know that I am currently feeling well, and am keeping busy gardening, and writing a collection of short stories, as well as being with our beloved pets. May I thank you all for your tremendous loyalty over the past 21 books. I feel immense gratitude and am humbled by your support over so many years. Our greatest wish is that your lives also continue to blossom. Goodbye and God Bless from us both.

Bryce & Christine Courtenay
September 7th, 2012


No comments:

Post a Comment